Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 33].

my childhood.
{my HP books}

1. When you are on a plane and the kid behind you is kicking your seat, what do you do?
I've never actually been on a plane (fun fact!), but I think if I were ever in that situation, I would probably do nothing because I hate confrontation. The most I'd do is get up and look over the seat to imply that, yes, I can feel you kicking my seat (or direct the look to the parents if the kid is young, as if to say yes, I can feel your kid kicking my seat).

2. What food that you KNOW is bad for you and you shouldn’t have, but you love/eat it anyway?
Um... this applies to the majority of what I eat. With my IBS, I really should be avoiding fatty, sugary foods, but I never do. You think I'd learn, because it's not just a guilt thing - I legitimately feel ill from eating unhealthy foods - but since I don't have an immediate reaction, the pleasure of eating junky food outweighs the eventual stomachache.

3. What is your favorite book of all time?
Am I being completely and totally predictable if I say the Harry Potter series? I honestly enjoy a lot of what I read and I don't read enough to have a be-all, end-all favorite. But the Harry Potter series I could read over and over without getting tired of it.

4. If I came to visit you in your town, where would we eat?
Oh, I don't have a good answer. My little town is small and lame and I'm not adventurous. We could go to 2 Fat Guys pizza because they have fried Oreos and Twinkies. And then to Yogu-Route for fro-yo.

5. You have 500 dollars and 40 minutes to spend it at any store you want. Where do you go?
Victoria's Secret. I'd say Forever 21, but it would take me too long to find things I like/want.

6. What blog do you read every day/the most often?
I don't really have one I read more often than the rest -- I just read whatever's updated in my reader.

7. What’s the longest you’ve ever been stuck at an airport?
I haven't been (see question #1).

8. What’s your daily makeup/face/cleansing routine?
When I get up, I shower and use either The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash from Philosophy or, if I feel particularly greasy, Biore's Pore Unclogging Scrub. Then I moisturize with Olay Complete daily moisturizer.

I only use makeup if I'm going out. I use the following products (if it's a fancy event, I sometimes add eyeliner and eyeshadow):
  • Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
  • Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation
  • e.l.f. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder
  • CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara
At night, I use Purity Made Simple cleanser from Philosophy (which I swear by) and rinse by using a washcloth to "exfoliate" a little bit. Then I usually use sensitive-skin toner and just moisturize with Jergen's Original Scent lotion.

9. Where is your farthest away friend?
My friend Barbara, whom I met in dance class, lives in Las Vegas now.

10. Where is your favorite place to go hiking (or to enjoy nature)?
Um... my backyard? Clearly I don't venture out that often. I will say that the large park in my township has a creek running alongside parts of it, which is enjoyable when I actually go (which is maybe once a year).

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.