Monday, June 20, 2011

father's day weekend.

Happy Monday!

Okay, no, I'm not actually this cheerful on a Monday. I did have a fantabulous weekend, but this morning I woke up early and left E's house when he left for work instead of sleeping in, got stuck in horrendous traffic for a little while, and generally felt like crap.

Now that I've arrived home, devoured a hazelnut coffee coolatta and cheddar bagel twist from Dunkin Donuts, and showered, I wanted to share a few bits of my weekend with you.


Saturday was my friend Danielle's bridal shower, something I have been looking forward to for a while because it was my very first one. We held a low-key brunch for about thirty people in her backyard, renting a tent and bringing in a wonderful caterer. There was a Belgium waffle station, an omelette station, a variety of fruits and scones, and of course, mimosas. We played a few games, met the rest of our fellow bridesmaids, and made plans for the bachelorette party. It was a really wonderful afternoon, and we were sent home with tons of leftovers.

Also? That semi-unexpected gift I talked about last Thursday? It was for Danielle, put together by Natalie and me. Since her registry is for her honeymoon and you purchase the gifts online, we decided we also wanted to get her a little something to open at the shower. Our idea was for a "Honeymoon Kit" and, not to toot my own horn, but I think we did a good job - bath stuff, candles, bridal-shower-appropriate lingerie, tics tacs, lip gloss, a homemade door tag, and a tote to put it all in.



On Sunday, I headed out to spend the day with E. This might seem surprising since it was Father's Day, but it isn't really a big to-do in my family. In fact, my dad likes having the house to himself, so I'm sure he actually preferred having one less person running around. I did, however, celebrate with E's family. We (E and I, Natalie and her fiance, and their parents) went to a small out-of-the-way Spanish restaurant where we sipped on sangria and had some really, really good food. As usual, I had a really fabulous time chatting and joking around with their family.


After dinner, E and I started watching Modern Family as per Natalie's recommendation and now we're hooked. We blew through six episodes and really enjoyed the show - I can't wait to watch the rest. I made a last-minute decision to stay over because I was incredibly sleepy from my busy weekend.

Like I said, it was a pretty wonderful weekend. Plus, I have leftover cake and arroz con pollo in the fridge, so I'm a happy camper.