Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 28].


{}

1. Have you ever used Craigslist?

Yes. I sold an old set of gymnastic mats on there. At first I was worried about creepy people, but then the woman I sold it to showed up after a cheerleading meet with her ten(ish)-year-old daughter and I realized that other normal people use it too.

2. Can you sew?
Barely. I flourished in my two years of sewing classes in middle school - I made countless stuffed animals from basic kits, PJ pants, and an apron - but I have lost all of those skills. If I have to sew up a hole in my clothes, I pretty much half-ass it and hope for the best.

3. Do you pour syrup on your pancakes or dip your pancakes in the syrup?
Hm... both. Usually I pour a little over the pancakes, then put extra on the side of my plate and dip. I don't really like how quickly the syrup soaks into the pancakes, so I could easily become an exclusive dipper.

4. Rain storms: Love them or hate them?
Depends. During the day, I usually don't like them. But rain at night is one of my favorite things. I really couldn't tell you why the time of day makes a difference, but it does.

5. Do you like swimming?
Absolutely. I haven't had the opportunity to go swimming in a while, but my parents and grandparents always said I took to the water like a fish. I used to be able to swim and hang out in a pool for hours and hours.

6. What kind of drink do you order at Sonic?
I actually haven't been to Sonic enough to have a favorite drink! We only very recently got one that is a reasonable distance from my house (in the past, they were all at least an hour away), so I haven't made too many trips yet. I'm hoping to change that this summer, though.

7. Are you funny?
Kind of? I don't really try to be. Usually I just make amusing/sarcastic comments that get laughed at.

8. At what age will your kids get cell phones?
Definitely not before middle school. I'm thinking maybe age 13, because that's kind of a milestone and it's just about the time I'd feel comfortable with my kid having a cell phone. Middle school is when kids are growing up and wanting to be like adults anyway - that's when I started wearing makeup and carrying a purse - so having a cell phone would be somewhat in line with all of that.

9. What’s your favorite vegetable?
Corn. And peas. Which are arguably both not veggies, but whatever.

10. Were you a Girl Scout?
Yes, and a proud drop-out. It was enjoyable in elementary school when we earned badges in a fun ways and got to have snack and craft time every meeting. Once we got to middle school... well, first of all, my close friend dropped out, but secondly, we were barely working to earn our badges and focused on going on tons of random trips instead. I got bored, so I quit.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.