Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 26].


{}

1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, hands down. I could watch that movie over and over and never get tired of it.

2. Let’s say someone wrote a screenplay about you; what actor/actress would you choose to play you and why?
I'm really terrible at answering this question because I feel like other people would be better at casting someone to play me. Off of the top of my head, I'd pick Anne Hathaway just because I feel like she looks somewhat like me and the roles she plays are the right balance of quirky, silly, and classy. Like me!

3. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?
Well, I don't actually remember going, but I saw The Little Mermaid in theaters when I was a kidlet. The first one I actually remember is Dr. DoLittle. My mom brought me and my brother, but he started freaking out at the end when they operated on the tiger so we had to leave.

4. Did you ever make out at the back of a movie theater in middle school/high school?
No, because I was lame and had no romantic interests until I was in college.

5. Are you a Netflix-er, Blockbuster-er or a Redbox-er? (Or none of the above?)
Netflix-er, though I haven't been utilizing it as much as I should. We had a Blockbuster subscription when I was a kid, but it was mostly to rent video games. I occasionally use Redbox - we only got one around here in the past year.

6. Name one actor/actress who you would give anything to have a dinner date with.
Johnny Depp. Not only do I find him extremely attractive, but he's a genius and I feel like he'd actually be an interesting date. Runner up? Ryan Reynolds, purely for his hotness.

7. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Smart People. It was terrible. It's supposed to be funny and quirky, but it ends up just being confusing and depressing. Another bad one was In Good Company, which was decent except for the ending. I was legit pissed off when I left the theater after that one.

8. Do you sneak snacks into the theater when you go?
Yes, but it's a recent habit. When I was a teenager, I'd buy whatever I felt like, whether it was popcorn, candy, or nachos. But now that I'm older (and stingier), I bring in candy instead of buying it there. I only buy food there if it's something specific I want, like the soft pretzel bites with cheese.

9. Movie theater popcorn: love or hate it?
It's alright. I have to be in the mood for it, though, and usually just a handful stolen from whomever I'm with fills my craving.

10. What is the all-time best Disney movie in your opinion?
Mary Poppins. I am in love with that movie. And, actually, I just recently created a Pandora station that plays instrumental/piano music, and this awesome medley of songs from the movie popped up. It puts such a big smile on my face because I adore the music.



These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.