Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 23].


{}

1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation?
I drive because I work at my boss's house, which is in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. Luckily I work non-traditional hours, so I'm rarely caught in rush hour traffic.

2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time?
Approximately every six months, sooner if it needs a trim and later if I completely forget. I recently started cutting it myself, but before that, I just went to Super Cuts. Occasionally I had the same woman since I always went to the same location, but usually it was random.

3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version?
Not really. I get most of my news from television, but I sometimes read articles online from time to time.

4. What is the best book you have read this year?
I feel terrible admitting this, but I haven't read any books yet in 2011 (aside from self-help books). I have a hard time getting into the habit of reading because it's not something I made time for in high school and college, so it's not ingrained in my schedule. But, I always want to develop a good reading habit - it's a goal of mine this year to make time both for trips to the library and actual reading.

5. What is the best movie you have seen this year?
I'm also not an avid movie-goer. Again, I want to be, but in this case it's because I'm broke and can't afford to see all the popular movies when they come out. The only new movie I've seen in 2011 is Hop, but if we count "this year" as the past twelve months, then I'd say The Social Network was the best movie I've seen, hands down.

6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods?
Both. It goes both ways, and usually after I crave and eat one thing, I crave the opposite. This is why I needed to seriously reform my eating habits.

7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have?
I try to eat something every day, but sometimes it doesn't happen. On the days I do eat breakfast, my recent go-to has been scrambled eggs with cheese and some toast on the side. Sometimes I opt for fruit instead, usually for a banana.

8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to?
Mini. Cadbury. Eggs. Not the cream-filled ones (though those are also fantastic), but the small, candy-coated chocolate eggs that come in the purple bag. That's going to be my treat when I finally get to have chocolate again on Easter.

9. How late is “sleeping in” to you?
HAHAHA. I mean... yeah. I've made a it a personal rule not to talk about sleeping habits on here, because they're incredibly embarrassing. Suffice it to say, it's much later than is socially acceptable.

10. Where are you going on your next vacation?
No idea. My last vacation was years ago in Wildwood with my family. I've had a few weekends at my aunt's shore house since then, but they don't always count. Usually any vacation I take is to the beach and is almost always in Jersey, so I'm sure that's where I'm going next since I don't have any immediate plans for going anywhere more extravagant.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.