Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 16].


{Lynds & Me after our pedicures for her Sweet 16; June 2007}

1. What was the number one item on your Christmas wishlist?

I don't really think I had a specific item I wanted most. Also, all the gifts I get from my parents are ones I usually go out and purchase myself or that I specifically ask for, so I knew what I was getting all along.

2. Did you get the number one item on your Christmas wishlist?
See the above question. I did get plenty of lovely things, I'm very happy with all of my presents.

3. How long has it been since you’ve had a pedicure?
Three and a half years. And that was my only one! I bite my fingernails and never get manicures, so it never occurs to me to go get a pedicure.

4. How cold is it in your city today?
It'll be in the mid-thirties, though it's likely to feel much colder because of the wind and, you know, the thirty inches of snow on the ground.

5. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I actively sleep with three pillows: a standard-sized one that I actually sleep on, a heart-shaped one that either supplements the other one or goes over my head to block out the light in the morning, and a square throw pillow that I put between my knees when I sleep on my side. However, I also have six more decorative pillows that stay on the bed while I sleep because I feel too messy if I throw them all on the floor at night.

6. Can you roll your tongue?
Yup! I'd take a picture, but I'm feeling a tad lazy.

7. Do you always buy the same mascara or do you try new ones each tube?
For a while I stuck with Maybelline Great Lash, but then I got tired of it and wanted to try something new. Now I use Covergirl Lash Blast and really love it. I'll probably continue to use this brand unless I see something else I think I might like.

8. What’s your favorite cookbook?
I love my cupcake recipe book that I got from my friend Danielle a few years ago. I've only made a few recipes but there are so many good ones!

9. What was your first pet?
A black cat named Nigel. My parents got him before my brother and I were born and we had him until I was fifteen or sixteen. He was pretty nice, not temperamental or anything (considering he put up with two kids through their toddler stage), but I wasn't that attached to him. He wasn't mean but wasn't really friendly, he was just kind of there.

10. Do you wear jewelry on a daily basis?
There are two pieces I wear almost constantly: a red string bracelet that has a little heart charm on it and my Irish Claddagh ring.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.