Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 11].



1. Who makes your Thanksgiving dinner?
We alternate which side of the family we see every year and, within each family, we alternate hosts. But, it's always one of three people: my mom, my dad's youngest sister, or my mom's older sister (who gets help from my grandmother).

2. What is your favorite recipe that includes pumpkin? (bonus points for including the recipe)
Pumpkin pie, hands down. But, I've only ever made it once and I don't have the recipe on hand. I just know it's delicious in every possible way. As for something I actually make, I'm also a big fan of pumpkin cupcakes. I've been meaning to try this recipe from Brittney, but if you're looking for a quick and easy recipe, here's what I use:
  • 1 package (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
  • 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 container (16 oz.) prepared cream cheese or vanilla frosting
Basically just follow all the directions on the back of the cake mix box. They are actually really yummy without icing as well.

3. What are 5 things you want for Christmas?
I honestly haven't given much thought to what I want for Christmas. Probably because I impulse buy most of the time and don't actually have a "wish list" of things I'd like to own. Here's a list off the top of my head, though.
  1. Black skinny jeans
  2. GPS
  3. the new Professor Layton game for the DS
  4. Rock Band for the Wii
  5. a new phone
4. Does your family draw names or do you buy for everyone?
We don't draw names in any circumstances, but we also don't buy for each and every family member. Within my immediate family (mom, dad, brother, and me), everyone gets something for everyone else. On my mom's side of the family, it's simple: my cousins and I get gifts from our grandparents.

On my dad's side, it's a little more complicated. The rule was supposed to be that once we turned 18, there were no more gifts from aunts and uncles (which is the rule that is in place on my mom's side). However, my aunt (my dad's youngest sister) got in the habit of still buying small gifts for me and each of my cousins, so my mom has been doing the same. Additionally, the girls (me, Lyndsay, and another cousin) started exchanging gifts and then eventually included buying gifts for the boys.

5. How do you feel about motorcycles?
They're okay in my book. I don't really feel passionately about them one way or another, but I think it would be cool to ride on one a few times in my life.

6. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy Saturday?
Watch whatever's on television, drink tea, and bake.

7. What is the coolest thing to do in your city?
I don't live in a city and my town is infinitely lame. The coolest thing to do is go sit in Dunkin Donuts with some friends or hang out at the mall, though the mall technically isn't even in my town.

8. Do you paint your fingernails?
Sadly, no. I bite them too small to paint them with any sort of precision. But! I do paint my toenails.

9. Who is your favorite actor over the age of 50?
I don't really have too many favorite actors in general and I'm too lazy to go figure out someone over 50 of whom I am a fan. #lameanswer

10. Do you have a high school letter jacket?
No, but I could have! I actually have the patch that would've gone on it for Drill Team, but I didn't want to spend the money (also, I thought girls having a jacket for Drill Team was a bit ridiculous).

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.