Monday, November 22, 2010

a quiet weekend.

This weekend was a relaxing one for me, considering I had a busy end to my week last week and I know the upcoming week and weekend will be just as busy. Still, the weekend flew by and now there are just three days until Thanksgiving and the beginning of the weekends’ festivities.

On Thursday, I took my first holiday-season trip to the mall and Target. There’s something about the mall I love – I guess that’s a Jersey thing – and it’s even better during the Christmas season, especially when it’s not super crowded. I had a few stores I needed to stop in, the most important of which was The Gap to use my Groupon. I picked up some new tops to wear with leggings, then bought a bunch of gifts from The Body Shop and a few things at Victoria’s Secret.

Friday was, of course, the premiere of Deathly Hallows. I made last-minute plans with Natalie to see it at 5:30pm, which was the best decision ever. Even though we got there ten minutes before it started, we still got our (reserved) tickets and there were plenty of seats available. I found this was much better than reserving tickets for a later show only to have to get there early and wait in line for good seats, which is what a large number of teenagers had done.

The movie was amaze-balls. I could go on and on – mostly about all the little swoony moments between Ron and Hermione (one ship!) and the best-friend-y dance between Harry and Hermione – but I’ll refrain. Honestly, though, I’m dying to see it again. Also, I’ve decided that no matter what, I’m going to the midnight premiere of Part II. SO EXCITED.

After the movie, we stopped at Dunkin on the way back to Natalie’s apartment, where we proceed to watch trashy television with her fiancĂ© (OMG I LOVE SAYING THAT). Of course, I could’ve done without the extra hour I spent stuck in the biggest clusterfuck of traffic I've ever seen on the way home. The construction geniuses of New Jersey decided it was perfectly fine to do roadwork directly behind a toll plaza, diverting eleven lanes of traffic into one. So much rage. The only plus is that a few radio stations are already playing Christmas music, so that helped.

My weekend was calm and cozy, just as I’d planned. I slept late both days, organized some things in my room on Saturday night, and on Sunday I watched football (last-seconds awesome win for the Jets, loss for the Giants), the AMAs, and did a bunch of random chores. It flew by just the same, but I feel prepared for the hustle and bustle of the upcoming week.