Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 8].



1. Favorite way to travel (plane, train, automobile, etc.)

Considering I haven't traveled in many different ways - I've never been on a plane and have only been on crummy NJTransit trains - I would have to say car rides are my favorite. Driving is actually really relaxing for me because I just get to listen to music and have some time to myself. But, I'm also a fan of train rides and would probably adore a longer-distance train ride somewhere.

2. Where’s your favorite place to travel to that you’ve been to?
I have been to very, very few places, so I can only say I love driving to the shore. The Jersey girl in me will never die.

3. Where’s the place that you want to go but have never been?
I don't really have extravagant wishes for where I'd like to travel, simply because I don't think about it. I've never been one of those people who lust over going to specific places. My list is short: I'd love to go to Cali, Hawaii, and Ireland.

4. Do you deal with traffic well?
It depends. If I'm running late, I become very impatient, annoyed, and anxious. The anxiety is usually worsened if I don't know why there is traffic, like if there's an accident that is completely stopping traffic. But, if I'm coming home from work, I really don't mind it. Sometimes it bothers me, but I usually just turn my music up louder and have a dance party.

5. Ever had an emergency while traveling?
Can't say that I have. That is probably my worst nightmare, since I stress about things that probably won't happen, but could.

6. Do you have a passport? What countries have you been to?
I do not. I've never traveled out of the country or even out of my time zone.

7. Are you’ve light packer or do you pack everything but the kitchen sink?
I'm absolutely terrible, but I've also never had a real necessity to pack light (since I've never been on a plane). Usually I over-pack clothes because I can't decide ahead of time what I'll feel like wearing on a given day. Plus, my mother is a serious over-preparer, so I pack things for all kinds of emergencies that will likely never happen.

8. Do you take the fastest route or the road less traveled?
I usually go with the fastest route mainly because my stomach doesn't always cooperate. But taking the road less traveled has its perks, too.

9. Do any activities on the road? (like road games, reading, sleeping, etc. )
Sleeping is my favorite, for sure. Whenever I'm not driving, I'm almost always sleeping, especially if it's on the ride home from somewhere. I've never really been into road games, but my high school friends and I got in the habit of playing Old Maid during class trip bus rides. As for reading, I absolutely cannot do it. Nowadays I'm at least able to look down to read directions to help the driver, but reading makes me dizzy and nauseous. Usually I have to be looking out the windshield the entire time - even looking down to get something out of my purse can make me a little woozy.

10. Use a paper map or GPS?
Both. I don't actually have a GPS of my own, so I borrow my brother's, and I love it. I'm sure if I had my own, I'd use that exclusively. However, my mother has instilled in me the importance of using a paper map, even if it's a print-out from Google Maps.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.