Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 6].



1. Where did you go to college?

I don't generally like to say here, though if you're friends with me on Facebook, then you know. Let's just say I went to A College in New Jersey.

2. What did you study?
Accounting.

3. Was college really all that it was cracked up to be?
In terms of experiences, absolutely yes. I have such treasured memories with my roommates, classmates and fellow RHA members that I feel are unparalleled by anything else.

As for the importance of taking accounting classes and pushing forward towards the degree... I hated it. It sucks because I know I hated it only because I wasn't interested in accounting that much to begin with - I know plenty of people who loved all the courses in their major because it's what they wanted to do. But I really feel like it's a necessary evil if you're not absolutely passionate about something.

4. How far were you from home?
An hour. I went home a lot. Looking back, it's one of my bigger regrets because I missed out on a lot by coming home on weekends.

5. Did you have the same roommate all four years?
Not all four. Here's the scoop. In freshman year I had a roommate who I didn't click with - I could've adjusted to living with her, but one of my newly-made friends, Katie, was also having bigger issues with her roommate, so we swapped. I lived with her the whole year.

In sophomore year, I roomed with my friend Melissa, who I'd met through Katie. In junior year, I lived in a townhouse where four people lived on a floor. It was me, Melissa again, and our two friends Natalie and Danielle. It was hands-down the best year of college and possibly my life thus far.

In senior year I lived in a townhouse again, with Katie and two of her friends. It wasn't ideal because the two girls I didn't know were very close and did a lot together, while Katie and I were kinda loners that year. It definitely didn't have the same feel as junior year, but it worked.

6. Where did you order food from at 2am?
I didn't ever order at 2am, though there were many runs to the convenience store on campus right before it closed at 2. Plenty of people ordered Cluck-U Chicken at 2am, though, and you could get cheap pizza from Hassan (who delivered for a pizza place, but then drove around with extra pies to sell, per slice, to drunk people coming home from parties).

7. Did you date in college or were you tied down?
For the most part, I was single through college and didn't really date. Or hook-up. Or have any relations with guys other than friendship. I met Mark at the end of junior year and we were in a relationship throughout senior year.

8. Funniest drunk college moment?
I don't even have one! I never got drunk, I was the uber good girl in that regard. I did get drunk at college after graduating, when I visited my cousin (who was a freshman the year after I graduated), but even that was lame.

9. Did you make it to class on time?
Bahahahaha. Um, I mean. Yes, when I actually got up to go. This was where I was a rebel - I skipped class all the time. It was a problem.

10. What was your favorite class in college?
There were very few - if any - classes I remember absolutely loving. If I had to pick some of the better classes, I'd say my Buddhism class that I took in my final semester and Music and the Stage, which I took during the fall semester of sophomore year. Otherwise, most of my classes were accounting- or business-based, or they were fulfilling general requirements, which meant they were not that interesting. I will say, though, that I enjoyed a bunch of my classes not for the subject matter, but the way the professor taught, the camaraderie of the class, and/or the time I got to spend with my friends.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.