Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 1].



I've been lusting over this meme for a while over at Stephany's blog, so I finally decided to dive in and take part. Since I'm terrible at thinking of topics to write about, having ten questions gives me plenty to talk about.

If you're interested, visit Roots and Rings to take part!

1. What was/is your favorite live action (meaning not animated) kids movie?
Mary Poppins. Okay, so there's the teensiest bit of animation, but for the most part it's live action. It's actually one of my favorite Disney movies and I think I will love it forevermore. Julie Andrews is my hero and Dick Van Dyke was probably my earliest crush.

2. What is a bad habit you have? Are you working on breaking it?
Biting. My. Nails. Oh my goodness, I have been on-and-off trying to break this for more than ten years. Nothing has worked - not poorly-flavored nail polish, not bribery from family and elementary school teachers, not even three years of braces. I've managed to stop for a month at a time on a few occasions, but I always seem to go back to it.

3. Describe your father in 3 words.
Silly. Hard-working. Softy.

4. Which character in the Breakfast Club were you most like in the ’80s?
Considering I only lived the first three years of my life in the eighties, I don't think I can answer it in that regard. I can't even say which character I embodied in my teenage years - probably a large helping of Brian (The Brain) and a smidgen of Claire (The Princess).

5. Name 5 songs you know ALL the lyrics to.
  • Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
  • The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
  • If It Kills Me - Jason Mraz
  • Most NSYNC songs (don't judge me, I see you judging me)
  • Out Tonight - RENT (and most of the songs from that, too)
6. Do you make pancakes from scratch or a box mix?
I use a box mix, but I also have never successfully made pancakes without burning them and just making a mess. My brother nicknamed me Pancake!Fail and I doubt I'll ever live it down.

7. What was your worst job ever? Why?
I've only held a few jobs in my lifetime. None of them were awful, but the worst was my internship in the summer of 2007. It stressed me out and I was really unhappy. Basically I spent my time doing the work nobody wanted and answering phone calls. Gross.

8. What was your favorite class in high school?
The most fun was physics, but that's because we completely goofed off. I would have to say it was US History I in junior year because of my amazing teacher.

9. Favorite summer guilty pleasure?
Rita's Italian Ice Misto Shakes. If it was closer to my house, I would be there daily, I promise you that.

10. Please share your best money saving tip!
It's not exactly a direct money-saving tip, but don't charge more on your credit card than you can pay. Having debt scares the life out of me and I cannot fathom charging things past my means. I would probably die. While I charge things all the time, I always make sure I have the money to pay for it.