Tuesday, February 16, 2010

good thing i've got all this chocolate.

Oh, internet. Do you know how tiring it is to be a Google Maps liaison for a traveling boyfriend who is neurotic and calls every hour to find out how much further until his six-hour trek from New Jersey to West Virginia is over? I DON'T THINK YOU DO. I feel like I'm the one who's been stuck in a car for hours. The best part (yes, it gets better!) is that tonight I get to spend a couple hours over the phone prepping him for a medical school interview, then do the whole where am I, how many more miles thing again tomorrow! Relationships are awesome.

(I kid, mostly. I'm just tired and emotionally drained because I had sympathy-anxiety for him having to drive six hours, potentially in snow.)

Good thing he left me with these over the weekend:






And if that wasn't enough Valentine's Day swag, my weekend kicked off with the arrival of a Very Special Package on Saturday morning - the one from my Be My (Blog) Valentine. I was more excited than was probably appropriate when I saw the mail truck pull up and drop it off, but dude, I totally had reason to be that excited because when I opened it? It was filled with awesome.


ZOMG!

Upon opening the package it was revealed that my secret bloggy valentine was Brittney from LaMidge, and she totally pegged me. Included in the package was a pair of adorable and fluffy pajama pants, a custom-made dance music CD, Disney Princess nail polish (!!!), a face mask, a packet of raspberry zinger tea (my favorite!), and a bunch of goodies including some delish cookies, chocolate-covered marshmallows, and chocolate-dipped fortune cookies!




I had so much fun participating in Be My (Blog) Valentine. I loved every single thing in my package (thanks Britt!!) and I also loved putting together the package for my blog valentine.

And now, it's time for a nice helping of all of my Valentine's Day treats in preparation for the stress-inducing interview prep with The Boy.