Saturday, January 23, 2010

wherein i swoon over conan o'brien.

Dear Internet,

There's been love and heartache going on around these parts during the past week. Amongst all that, talking about a talk show host (again) seems kind of frivolous, but I'm going to go ahead and do it.

I've watched Conan O'Brien since middle school. Since that time, I have definitely had a secret crush on the man. He is hilarious and clever, always creating comedy that took time to plan out and deliver. And aside from the pastiness (which, hey, I'm pretty pale-skinned myself), he's kind of adorable.


Although the drama surrounding The Tonight Show and NBC seems to have shaken him, he continues to handle the situation with an enormous amount of class with just a touch of humor. His final show was bittersweet, but for the most part left me hopeful and proud. I am thankful that I have had the privilege of watching Conan on television for at least a decade and look forward to seeing him succeed in the future, wherever that may be.

Until then, I'll be off rewatching his final show over and over. Because giving an awesome speech and then jamming out to Freebird? Seriously made me swoon.