Thursday, December 3, 2009

guidos are gross, sorry.

Well, tonight was the premiere of Jersey Shore on MTV. In a nutshell, they took eight people (most of whom do not live in New Jersey), put them in a shorehouse in Seaside that's right on the boardwalk, and let the games begin.

For your enjoyment (or maybe just mine), I've included my thoughts on the first five minutes of the show. I did watch the whole first episode, but my mouth was too agape for me to record any other reactions.

Right out of the gate, the first guy says "being a guido is about being Italian, it's about family, tradition, tanning, gellin' your hair." Okay dude, I'm pretty sure tanning and gelling your hair aren't tried and true Italian traditions. I do believe that this is one of those situations where all guidos are Italian, but not all Italians are guidos. Got it? Probably not because you're playing your music too loudly.

Also... am I missing something? All of these girls WANT to hook up with guidos. Who wants to do that? I'm so confused.

Okay, this Vinny kid is at least a little more decent than the rest. He doesn't have hair to gel, first of all, but he actually went to college. Fascinating.

I wonder how long it'll take for these people to hook with each other. And then fight with each other about hooking up with each other.

Ugh. Please get these people off my TV and OUT OF MY STATE.

So there you have it. Even though I did tune in for the entire first episode, I will boycott the show from here on out. I just needed to see how bad it really was. And it was baaaaaaad.

Ahem. Moving on.

I have a very cool picture for today's 24 Days of Christmas photo. When I was looking through my decorations, I came up with the idea to take some pictures of this tree:



After shooting it from different angles, I decided to take some pictures through the bottom. I was excited to see the results knowing that the pictures would likely come out good, but they were so much better than expected. So, without further ado, here is my photo for day number three.

3/24.