Wednesday, July 1, 2009

a little bit of this, a little bit of that.

I really need to break this early-morning bedtime thing. I really should have been asleep two hours ago.

I spent the better part of the past few hours fiddling around with my blog design, and I'm finally finished. The only thing I'm not feeling 100% about is the background, but that can easily be removed. I would also like to mention that the header and background were done in Paint, because I only use the highest quality programs when designing this blog.

Anyway, those of you reading in Google Reader should head on over to check it out.

~

While I'm a little late on talking about Michael Jackson's passing, I feel the need to say a few things. There are many people who cannot move past MJ's downfalls and appreciate the immense talent that this man had. While I acknowledge the scandal surrounding him, I am unable to deny his ability to mold pop music into what it is today.

I will love MJ's music forever and always. As a dancer, it's pretty hard not to. I have countless memories of past recital routines choreographed to his music, like singing along to "Smooth Criminal" and donning a fedora as I rehearsed to a dance I wasn't even in, simply because I loved the song. I remember learning to do the moonwalk correctly when we were learning gliding in hip hop class. When I heard my drill team captain play "The Way You Make Me Feel" and start making up our next routine, I was so thrilled to be dancing to one of my favorite songs of his. Every time I hear the familiar beat of one of his songs playing on my radio, I will absolutely turn it up and dance in my car.

Michael Jackson is a legend who will live on and be remembered forever through his music.

~

My friend posted this on her Facebook, and I am completely addicted to it. I cannot wait until this man gets the rights cleared so I can get this song on my iPod STAT.

No comments: