Tuesday, July 7, 2009

finally satisfied.

I am finally in the final stages of completely cleaning out my room, and it feels absolutely amazing.

For the past few weeks, I've had piles of random junk all over the place, waiting to be sorted through and put away. Projects like de-cluttering my closet, shelf, and desk were begging to be completed. I was desperately craving a new desk because the one I use now is too big for me.

Now, I have minimal random stuff left over - a few books I need to skim through before I give them away, some graduation gifts to hang up or put away, and a bag of clothes from Kohls that need to be returned. Over the holiday weekend, instead of enjoying myself at barbecues and lounging poolside (which, don't get me wrong, I really wished I was doing those things), I was gutting my closet, giving it a new coat of paint, and tossing out old clothes and shoes that I haven't worn in years.

Also, I just purchased my new desk from OfficeMax:



Don't mind the bright pink and blue, because I'm not planning on picking up those accessories. They make the whole set look very kiddish, although since it's called the "Darling Writing Desk," I'm assuming it's mean for kids and tweens. Nonetheless, it was a cheap, white, simple desk that fits in my room much better than this current monstrosity:



Granted, I have a moderately large bedroom, but this is just cumbersome. The door on the left-hand side is meant for a computer tower, and while I use it to store stuff, it just gets in my way. I also need a new chair, because folding chairs are downright intolerable, or at least this one is.

I think once I finally get my desk, rearrange my furniture, and clean up the remaining bits and pieces, I will be so completely satisfied. I've never been 100% happy with my room, for one reason or another. But I feel like I've finally made big decisions to replace crappy furniture and clean out unnecessary clutter, and you know, it was something I really needed to do for myself. Having a clean and organized environment always makes me feel more at ease and more productive.

This was the perfect distraction to work on while I battled my health problems, which are [fingers crossed] getting better day by day. I think now I can finally start regaining confidence and make up lost time in the job hunt.

No comments: