Wednesday, May 21, 2008

let the rain fall down

Red flags. I feel like they're only seen either in hindsight or through the eyes of others. Most times it's because you yourself have become blind to all things negative. I can't determine whether I'm just overreacting or if I'm witnessing a red flag in my own life. And I'm wondering.. would I be stupid to ignore it?

But enough about that, my question shrouded in a mysterious analysis.

**

Today, it rained. I was in a terrible mood. I felt sick and was just all around annoyed. It's too soon to be my once-a-month mood swings, so I had no idea what was going on. All I really wanted to do was sit on my bed and sigh loudly, perhaps cry a little bit, then sleep it all off. Instead, I got myself over to Lisa's house for dance practice and from there, the evening unfolded and my mood brightened. I find it so amazing how dancing can seriously turn my day around.

So as I mentioned, it rained. Pretty impressively, actually, and usually when it rains at a good pace, I don't like leaving the house. But I donned my sweatshirt and dealt with the rain college-student-style. See, as a college student, you know taking your umbrella with you is a hassle: you have to shake off the rain when you get to your building (which never really works), then carry it, dripping wet, to your class. Then you've actually got to remember to take it with you when you leave. Usually the protocol is to stash your umbrella in your bag, throw on a hooded sweatshirt or jacket, and walk out the door. I'd say about 90% of the time, that umbrella stays in the bag. Only if it is "SERIOUSLY" raining do you take it out and use it. My EconStat professor from this past semester said, "it never rains on college campuses," meaning, you would never know it was raining because kids don't use umbrellas unless absolutely necessary.

**

I have been neglecting my TV shows so much these past couple of weeks. I've totally abandoned Dancing with the Stars and pretty much ignored the fact that tonight was the last performance show for American Idol. I'll definitely have to remember to see who wins AI, and catch myself up on who won DWTS Of course, I've made sure to get caught up on Grey's and LOST, and I'll be recording the Grey's finale this week because I'll be busy having a ball over at Lisa's SYTYCD Premiere Party. Needless to say, I'm pretty freaking excited.

And now you know my ridiculous obsession with watching TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im excited for the party too!!!! its hard to believe that season 4 is starting already