Monday, January 28, 2008

Being studious

I know I haven't inhabited this blog for very long, but since most of my audience knows me personally, they know that using "doing homework" as my excuse for not blogging is quite unbelievable. Laughable, actually. In a drastic, last-chance attempt to straighten myself out, I've forced myself to actually do my homework instead of putting it all off until an exam comes up. I'm developing the habit of reading the chapters on time, highlighting the text, then transferring the highlighted materials to my computer. So far, it's going very well.

My structured schedule is also helping - I have class every day (save for Wednesdays, of course) from 10am until 2pm. I'm still struggling slightly with getting up in the morning, primarily because I tend to get distracted at night and even when I say I'm going to bed, I find myself two hours later staring bleary-eyed at the computer screen and wondering, "when did it get to be 3am?" However, being done at 2pm every day is blissful. It leaves me plenty of time to get work done, but not to the point where I feel like I need to start it as soon as I get back.

~

Being the crazy, over-enthusiastic person I am, I'm getting myself hyped up for the Superbowl on Sunday. Although I very, very rarely watch football, I do enjoy it. Besides, I feel like the Superbowl is such a national event, even if you don't have the slightest interest in the game. It's just become such a phenomenon. For example, in my freshmen year of college, we actually muted the game and only un-muted it to hear and see the commercials. This year is a repeat of last year - a big party held in the freshmen towers' main lounge to watch the game and enjoy a ton of free food, hosted by RHA. And let's face it, when you're with other people, especially those who are going to be COMPLETELY into the game, the spirit is a bit contagious.

So to get to my point - today I went out an bought two kegs of curling ribbon (one red, one blue), a very blue shirt that I got on the clearance rack at Kohl's, and a new blue headband, on the clearance shelf at Target. I also want to add that I stood in the socks/tights aisle at Target, and seriously considered purchasing either bright blue or bright red tights. But then I thought that might be going just a bit overboard. Only a little bit though. I might be making another trip out to Party City (my very favorite store) to see what kind of fun stuff they have. My prediction is that, on the day of the game, when I show up to help set up... the rest of the RHA crowd will think I'm crazy. But I like crazy.

I apologize for the very boring entry. I hope I'm not becoming a boring person from doing work all the time now. Because that would be unfortunate.

No comments: