Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wine and Love [Vol. 13].

hosted by Nora!


Filling my wine glass...
  • Thanksgiving drama. Okay, so it wasn't all bad, but my cousin who moved home from California showed up at our house at 10am and I was his main source of entertainment. I missed out on watching the parade and barely got fifteen minutes to myself, which wasn't good for my anxiety. I was a stress case the rest of the day, which culminated in a small breakdown when my mother (who had overindulged on wine) got on my last nerve while we were trying to play Apples to Apples. It was a fun day, but the stress was overwhelming.
  • For the first time in about twelve years, I came down with a stomach virus on Tuesday. I'm thankful it was short-lived (I only felt truly terrible from 7am to noon-ish), but I was not a happy camper.
  • The gift I'm looking most forward to getting for Erik didn't go on sale for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I was hoping to get a small percentage off at least, but it doesn't seem like it'll drop in price any time soon. I'll be keeping an eye out for random coupons or free shipping offers.
Filling my heart...
  • My relatively fun-filled weekend. Seeing my family is always a ton of fun and we had two days of celebrations on Thursday and Friday. On Friday night, I made a last-minute decision to drive up to see Erik and hang out with his friends, then I saw him again on Sunday when he came home for school.
  • Shopping! I didn't physically go to too many stores, but I snagged a bunch of stuff online. I did stop at the mall on Saturday night and it was surprisingly not too crowded. Walking around the mall at this time of year always puts me in the Christmas spirit.
  • Fun stuff on TV. Tuesday night was the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which I love so much. Something about all the pretty lingerie, sparkly costumes, and the beautiful wings makes me so happy. Last night was the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center and it was gorgeous. I really have to get into the city this year to see the tree in person.
  • This past weekend (the 27th, to be exact) was the anniversary of when Erik and I first started talking (or should I say, when he cornered me and sneakily asked for my number in a way I couldn't turn down?). I have a knack for remembering little things like this, but luckily for Erik, I don't hold him accountable to remember the random dates. Still, it makes me all swoony to know that a whole year has gone by.