Friday, August 26, 2011

Where I've Been.


At the Ke$ha concert last Friday with Lynds and two of her friends.

I’ve become inadvertently pretty busy these days, except not with anything super crazy. It’s a mix of the following:
  • VEDA (Vlog Every Day in August). Not that making videos itself takes a lot of time, but editing them takes a bit of time and watching and commenting on others’ videos takes up a bunch of time. When I’m not reading blogs, I’m watching vlogs. (And loving it, by the way.) Check out my channel here.

  • Wedding fever. Okay, I know I mention the upcoming wedding of one of my best friends a lot, but you must understand that I am wedding obsessed in general, and this is the first wedding I've actually attended, never mind the fact that it's someone to whom I am really close. Being a bridesmaid is a lot of fun for me, and I’ve been busy with dress fittings, finding shoes, finding a good strapless bra (arguably the hardest part), putting together a special gift, and planning the logistics of that weekend.

  • Time with friends. I’ve recently: had a girls night with Lyndsay; seen the Glee 3D movie with Ashley; baked cupcakes and gushed about wedding details with Melissa; went to a Ke$ha concert with Lyndsay and her friends; watched the SYTYCD finale with Ashley.

  • Time with E. I typically spend at least half of every weekend with him, since that’s the only time I get to see him. Luckily, he’ll be back at school starting next week, meaning he’ll be a twenty minute drive from me! Of course, that likely just means we’ll spend more time together.

  • Working and doing chores. I’ve been doing my best to pick up as many hours as possible at my part-time job so I can keep up with wedding costs. The job hunt is on hold because I'm trying to keep my anxiety levels low as we get into the last two weeks leading up to the wedding. Also, in lieu of paying my parents rent, I do odd jobs around the house. Recently I let my hours fall by the wayside (I’m supposed to clock five per week), so I’ve been doing a ton of things from yard work to scrubbing the shower to re-painting the banisters.
So basically, life got in the way of blogging. Which is totally acceptable, but I miss it a lot. Once VEDA ends and the wedding is over (in two weeks!), I should be back to a more normal posting schedule.

In the meantime, tell me what you've been up to! I've been trying to stay up-to-date on blogs, but catch me up anyway.