Tuesday, June 28, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 32].



1. What’s the recipe for your favorite drink? (Smoothie, alcoholic, coffee, whatever.)
Orange juice + cranberry juice + vodka = best cocktail ever. If you remove the vodka, it's just as yummy as a summery fruit juice.

2. What kind of razor do you use?
Venus. I have the fancy one with the vibrating handle but I just buy whichever refills are cheapest because most of them fit.

3. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
I remember really loving Prairie Dawn when I was little, but I don't think she's on the show anymore? It's actually really hard to pick a favorite - I guess it would have to be Grover or Telly. Or Snuffleupagus. See? Difficult. I also love the Yip Yips, of course.

4. What makes the perfect salad? (Lettuce type, toppings, dressing, etc.)
I am a huge, huge salad fan. (Just ask E, who pokes fun at me every time I order yet another salad when we're out to dinner.) My favorite is pretty simple: romaine lettuce, some kind of meat (shrimp, steak, or chicken), shredded cheese, croutons, sliced black olives, and ranch dressing. Yum.

5. What was your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject in the history of all subjects was spelling. I was a spelling PRO. After that, I'd say geometry because, though I'm a total geek and liked all of my math classes, that was a particular favorite.

6. What’s your favorite summer tradition?
Spending time outside, whether it be for a party or just lounging by myself.

7. Do you suffer from season allergies? How do you combat them?
Yup. I stick with allergy medicine, which I start taking around March. I also use eye drops when necessary because itchy eyes are my worst symptom.

8. How often do you have to charge your cell phone?
I wait until the battery is practically dead, so every three or four days, I guess. I don't use my phone much on a daily basis other than to text.

9. Do you have a bucket list?
Nope. I always want to make one, but then I feel like I'd be too lazy to complete it and then I'd just feel like a failure.

10. Do you have any desire to go back to school?
Other than to prove to myself and everyone else that I can succeed at it, no. I was a horrible student - I had poor time management skills, I never learned how to study properly, and I'm really averse to the idea of busywork or learning unnecessary things.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.