Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 24].



1. How many blogs do you read every day and what are they? (I’m talking the ones you NEVER miss)
This is hard to answer because I use a reader and just read as my feeds are updated. I don't check certain blogs daily. On a "normal" day, I try to read as they're updated. I'm subscribed to 100+, but they definitely aren't all updated daily.

2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
I have such mixed feelings about the term "best friend" because I never had that one "best" friend, the one you meet at a young age and stick with for life. I consider all of my close friends my "best" ones. That means my four girlfriends from college (Danielle, Katie, Melissa, Natalie), my cousin Lyndsay, my brother, and my two friends from dance, Cort and Ash. That may seem like a lot, but they never intersected much so it never felt like too many. If anything, my brother is my "best friend" in the traditional sense because he's known me longest, knows me inside and out, and I can talk to him about any and everything.

3. What’s your daily make up routine?
Well, if I'm not leaving the house or seeing anyone, I don't put any makeup on. If I'm doing something casual, like taking a trip to Starbucks, I just do under-eye concealer (something I only recently started doing again) and loose mineral powder foundation. If I'm seeing people, like my friends or if I'm going to work, I add mascara and blush to the routine.

4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
This is really hard because I'm torn between a night in or a night out. So, I'll do both. For a night out, it would include dressing up a bit and going to a low-key bar or club where there's dancing, but not too many people (or creepers), drinking a bit, then going somewhere for yummy food after. For a night in? Pajama party, chick flicks, take-out food, painting our nails, and staying up super late to have some serious girl talk.

5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
Usually au natural because, well, I bite my fingernails. In the past few years I've gotten into the habit of painting my toenails because I wish I had fingernails to paint. This week, though, I painted my little fingernail nubs in the hopes that the pretty color will keep me from biting. So far, so good!

6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?
Well, considering that four out of the six girls I roomed with throughout college are my best friends, I haven't had too many crazy/dramatic/OMG stories. (Plus, three of them read this blog and so I couldn't share even if I wanted to. ;]) If we count townhouse-mates, then the craziest is definitely the girl who lived downstairs from me in senior year and took care of someone's toddler a few days a week. He was adorable and it wasn't too bad, but he'd cry, make noise, and occasionally crawl up the stairs which wasn't exactly conducive to studying and getting work done, or sleeping.

7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
Any dress or tunic top with leggings and boots, either tall or ankle. Sometimes with a cardigan and belt. This was basically my wardrobe for any time I went out in the fall and winter.

8. Do you have a beauty secret?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm not very beauty-savvy.

9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
... I still do. That's embarrassing, considering I'm now twenty-four.

10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
A little bit of my own trial-and-error, a little from my beauty-savvy aunt, a little from my middle school circle of friends, and the occasional tip from a magazine.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.