Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 22].

{via}

1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Since I live at home, we have a ton of stuff. My mom is a slight food hoarder - she likes to be prepared, all the time. If I lived by myself, I'd probably only need ketchup, mayonnaise, honey mustard, and a few salad dressings.

2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
Well, I eat turkey burgers whenever possible, so those have to be cooked until they're well done. When I eat regular hamburgers, those also need to be well done because I'm paranoid and even a small amount of pink makes me think I'll get sick from it. For steak, I don't have too strong of a preference. As long as it's not bleeding and it's not tough as shoe leather, I'll eat it.

3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
Including them in a salad. Or, sometimes, I'll just eat them on their own dipped in a bit salad dressing or with a smear of mayo. I love tomatoes.

4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Considering my mom still cooks for me most days, I don't run into this problem a lot. But if it's up to me to cook for myself and I don't go out, I just make pasta and defrost a package of frozen veggies. Sometimes I add chicken or thaw some frozen shrimp.

5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Cookies. They've always been my favorite and they always will be. Of course, I'm trying to give up the habit for now ... but, I'll talk more tomorrow about how (un)successful I've been with that.

6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
Ever since high school, I haven't been a big breakfast person, even on the weekends. But when I was younger, I loved when my dad made french toast or pancakes. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with french toast.

7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
Grilled meat is my absolute favorite thing. I don't actually do the grilling (my dad does), but I love grilled teriyaki chicken, turkey burgers, hot dogs, and London broil.

8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I've just recently started getting into drinking wine and beer, so I don't really have favorite brands yet. My favorite kind of wine so far is white zinfandel. As for beer, I'm not a huge fan so I haven't tried too many, but Blue Moon is pretty good.

9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Again, I'm still building up my alcoholic beverage repertoire, but I love vodka with orange and cranberry juice. I don't have actual measurements - I'd say I use a shot of vodka, then equal parts cranberry and orange juice. Mostly I make it to taste, so you can add more or less of each juice depending on what you like.

10. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled with cheese.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.