Thursday, January 6, 2011

birthday week.


{'C' is for Cait; cupcakes from my birthday bash last year}

This Saturday, I'm turning 24. It's a scary number because it sounds old, though I guess I'm going to have to get used to that because every number after that sounds even older. At the same time, I'm thankful that I still get excited about my birthday. I can't ever imagine myself reaching an age where I'll dislike it, but I know it might eventually happen.

My week is and has been chaotic as I plan for my birthday party on Saturday night. Lists have been made, groceries and alcohol have been purchased, my outfit has been picked out, and there is still plenty of cleaning and baking to do. Throw in a couple of days at work this week (I never work two days a week anymore) and plans with friends, and there's my week.

Still, I consider this my birthday week, so I've taken time to do things for me. Watching Live to Dance with Ash and gushing about life, stopping at Starbucks for something yummy, planning a shopping trip later today to treat myself to a few gifts (I'm looking at you, VS Semi-Annual sale), wearing cute outfits even when it's totally unnecessary, and making my relationship with E official (and Facebook official, which is how you it's forreal. Just kidding. I don't really think that).

Needless to say, I'm loving 2011. If it were a person, I would kiss it on the mouth.

P.S. - My third blogoversary is coming up on the 11th and I will hopefully find enough time to carry out my special plans, including my first-ever giveaway! Stay tuned.