Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 5].

vanilla milkshake
{via}

1. Do you have an innie or an outie?
Innie. No offense if you have an outie, but they weird me out. I'm glad I have an innie.

2. What kind of milkshake do you order?
I actually don't drink milkshakes that often because too much dairy makes me feel sick. Usually vanilla does the trick, though strawberry's good too. I'm a fan of simplicity.

3. How often do you repeat outfits at work?
Since my current job allows me complete freedom with my wardrobe, I'll talk about my internship from two summers ago. I repeated stuff all the time simply because I didn't have that many dressy casual tops. Also, I wore the same pair of black pants every day, unless I was wearing my brown-and-green top, in which case I wore my brown pants. Needless to say, I will probably need a nice new wardrobe once I find a job.

4. What are your feelings about thank you notes?
Love, love, love them! My mom trained me from an early age to send them and they were always a pain in the butt in the past, but now I think they're a wonderful idea. I try to send them whenever possible.

5. Do you like spicy food?
Absolutely not. I must have a really sensitive palate because sometimes, I'll comment on something being spicy, and the rest of my family completely disagrees. My brother and dad love spicy food (and each have their own favorite brand of hot sauce in the house), so I have to be careful whenever I eat something they make.

6. How many toilet paper squares do you use?
LOL, this is such a TMI question. I actually have no idea... I've never paid attention. I can't even make a guess because I'm a terrible estimator, and I don't want to give an absurdly large or small number.

7. Were you in Girl Scouts?
Yep! Ready? *holds up three fingers* On my honor, I will try to serve God and my country, to help people at all times, and to live BY THE GIRL! SCOUT! LAW! (We always shouted the end because we were rambunctious little third graders.) I started in first grade (as a Brownie!) and continued up until sixth or seventh grade, when I became a Girl Scout Drop-Out because my friends all quit, too. My mom was one of the troop moms during my elementary school years and for a few years, she was the official Cookie Mom. That meant we handled the orders and got to pick up alllll the cookies for our entire troop. It was fabulous.

8. Notebooks/Journals: College ruled? Wide Ruled? No lines? Spiral Bound? Plain front? Decorative?
Always, always decorative. I don't really care about college versus wide ruled. Whether they're lined or not depends on the purpose, though I tend to like lines because I'm a perfectionist and a rule-follower, and unlined notebooks are sometimes a little too loosey-goosey for me. I only like spiral-bound if it's a good quality because I've had far too many notebooks fall apart because the spiral got messed up at the top or bottom.

9. Do you snack throughout the day? What do you pack for snacks?
I. Eat. Constantly. For whatever reason, I have a hard time eating big, full meals without stopping halfway through because I feel stuffed. But, it is almost guaranteed that I'll be hungry within an hour of eating. I snack all the time, on everything - cookies, chips, crackers, small salads, veggies, fruits, granola bars... basically anything I can find.

10. What is your favorite month? Why?
I am so bad with this question. If I narrow it down to my top three, I would say May, July, and September. May, because it's the best part of spring when the weather is actually getting warmer and summer is on the horizon. July, because it's smack-dab in the middle of summer and it just feels the most free. September, because it's the beginning of fall and the weather is getting cooler again, but not bone-chilling cold yet. I can't really pick a favorite; they're all my favorite in different ways.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.