Thursday, July 22, 2010

virtual baby shower!

Last month, I got a lovely little e-mail in my inbox with the greeting, “Hey there, blogger!” I don’t get many of those, so I was understandably excited from the start.

I was asked to participate in a very special celebration that included creating a video blog. Even before I finished reading the e-mail, I was bubbling with enthusiasm and knew I needed to take part. So what’s all this hullaballoo about?

We’re having a virtual baby shower!
No-one can be uncheered with a balloon - so imagine how much fun fifty are!
{via}

In case you haven’t heard, the ever-wonderful Erin of The State I Am In and her husband Ted were blessed with the news that they would be expecting twin baby girls. Her pregnancy journey has been a nerve-wracking and emotional one, with the entire blogosphere biting their nails and crossing their fingers along with her every step of the way as she struggled with her infertility. It seemed like a no-brainer that we’d have a blogger-hosted virtual baby shower to celebrate her little girls.

So, that video blog I was talking about. We were asked, in honor of Erin’s twins, to talk about our favorite things that come in pairs. After tossing a few ideas around in my head, I finally settled on what I was going to talk about and got down to vlogging.


There you have it! Please visit Renee's blog to see a full list of "attendees" to what is probably the coolest virtual baby shower ever. Congratulations again to Erin and Ted, and I hope you loved your surprise!