Monday, May 17, 2010

weekend review.

Before I get started on my weekend, I want to say that I tried to stay off the internet until Sunday like I said I would, but that simply didn’t happen. It wasn’t a result of boredom or the need to stay up-to-date on everything, but mostly because the computer is my main source of communication. Yes, I waste a lot of time on the internet, but I also spend time IMing friends, sending Facebook messages, and keeping in touch. So, by Friday, I was feeling extremely disconnected from my IRL friends and found myself logging on AIM around dinner time.

That being said, had I not decided to go back online, Saturday night probably wouldn’t have happened. After months of talking about hanging out and trying to plan something, I was finally able to go visit my friends John and Kyle for a game night along with Kyle’s friend Ray. I haven’t seen either John or Kyle for a long time (one year and … three years? respectively) so it was really good to see them again. Hopefully we’ll be able to make a better habit of seeing each other – I never fail to laugh my ass off whenever we’re all together.

We played a board game called Pandemic which was completely confusing at first, but as we played, it made more sense. Instead of being against each other, all the players are on a team, and we managed to win twice. It was the first time since he got the game that Kyle had won (it’s relatively new), so I’ll just go ahead and say that clearly, I was the good luck charm. Which might’ve be true, except for the fact that I kept pulling the epidemic card (which is epically bad), so … never mind.

And! Kyle’s mom had leftover flowers from a wedding she helped set up, and because I was the only girl in attendance at game night, I got the biggest goody bag of flowers. Yay!

IMG_2889

IMG_2888

IMG_2887

Sunday was my BFF Natalie’s graduation party because she’s crazy-smart and is already done with graduate school! She threw a luau in her backyard and the weather was just perfect. It was a bit of a trip – about an hour and fifteen minutes – but totally worth it. Since she’s been so busy with school, I haven’t seen her in a while, and we gave each other the biggest hug when I got there. We ate, played a bit of Cornhole (which I completely sucked at), and chatted. There was a chocolate fountain and a group decision to watch Family Guy - totally my kind of party.

Lady Lumps, minus one.
The graduate and me!

After the party, I hung around and caught up with Nat, and we made plans for a Lady Lumps (what my two best friends and I refer to ourselves as, because we're that cool) reunion later this week. Then I headed out and, after the hour-plus drive home, I got home and crashed. I barely had enough energy to take a shower, but it was totally worth it.

It’s actually a pretty awesome feeling to be exhausted after a fun-filled weekend. Here’s hoping for more of those this summer!